This is was taken at what is left of Dom Policije Vranjače, a former Club/vacation home for police officers, in the hills south of Sarajevo. Not a day passes that I don’t think about my visit to the Bosnian capital last year. I’m also a sucker for poppies.
This spot was one stop on a day-long Sarajevo Siege Tour which I’d highly recommend to anyone who visits and has the time to spare. A two-and-a-half minute video I shot of that tour is below. And if you happen to have another 150 seconds to spare and can only follow one of the links included on this page, please check out my Sarajevo time lapses video. And remember, sharing is nice. Thanks.
** ** ** **
Previously from Sarajevo:
- Sarajevo Siege + 20
- Sarajevo Tunnel Museum (Sarajevo Notebook III)
- Things you’ll find in the basement of Sarajevo’s Academy of Fine Arts
- Michael Jackson meets Christopher Reeve?
- Sarajevo pics, Part deux
- Trebević Mountain Polka (Sarajevo notebook II)
- Sarajevo notebook I – time lapses
- more pics from Sarajevo on my flickr stream